Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Human Trafficking


I feel like human trafficking is one of the most interesting but yet scariest things I have ever learned about or studied. It opened my eyes to a whole new world horror that everyone should be warned about at least once. Watching the videos and movies made me very scared, but it shows you what to look for and if someone was to ever try to catch you or trick into sex slavery. I find it so scary that there are 20 to 30 million innocent slaves being trafficked right now as I am typing.  The average cost of any slave is only $90 dollars. PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE FOR SALE. There are more than 600,000-800,000 slaves trafficked every year and more than 70% of them are women and children.  The average age that a girl will get trafficked at is 12-14 years old. A lot of the girls run away from home and the men will find them on a street or other places alone but others get kidnapped also.  Human trafficking makes 30.2 billion dollars a year and it is the third largest international crime industry.  Watching the films made me very aware and wanting to help these innocent women and children and find ways to prevent this horrible crime. The movie “Human Trafficking” was a great way to show people what this business does and how it works. Sometimes it’s good to scare people!

No comments:

Post a Comment