Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pros and Cons of Globalization


Last week in class we watched two videos about globalization and how it affects our towns, states, countries, and world. I thought the videos that we watched really helped me understand what globalization is, because before this class I had no idea what globalization was. I think there are a lot of pros and cons to globalization. But overall I think globalization is a good thing.
                I like the fact of globalization because it connects us all together instead of fighting and starting wars. I liked the part in the video where the lady showed us a piece of her clothing and showed us all the different places where it was made. I like the fact that all of those places came together to make ONE item. I think it would be bad if just ONE country made everything. Like, if just China made all of our clothes, foods, electronics, and everything else. Than everyone would owe China money! So the fact that everyone chips in and does there duty is what really makes me like globalization.
                There are some cons about globalization in my mind, but not as many as other people. I like the fact that it connects us all together, but what if something is going wrong in another country?? Than it will affect my family and yours. If we are in a World War 3 and the stock market drops and the government runs out of money, than it affects everyone.  That is the only downside to globalization in my mind.
                I really liked the movies we watched last week. They really showed me what globalization is all about and what my thoughts are about it. I really enjoy this class and how we can talk about real life issues and why people do what they do.

1 comment:

  1. So I like the ideas and concepts, I need you to pay more attention to sentence structure. Be careful of using slang "Like."

    ReplyDelete